I don’t even know where to begin with these banana cream pie cookies. They’ve got real banana, pudding mix, white chocolate chips, vanilla wafers, and marshmallows! Yum! And, even though these cookies have real banana in them, they still have a cookie consistency — the banana makes them soft, but the cookie texture remains!
These cookies are a copycat of Last Crumb’s banana cream pie cookie. Last Crumb is a popular LA-based cookie company that has highly sought after cookies that they ship out. Their cookies are really pricey and hard to get, so this recipe is for anyone that’s always wanted to try their cookies, but haven’t gotten the chance! Or if you’ve had them and love the banana cream pie flavor. Or if you’ve never tried them and just think a banana cream pie cookie sounds great. You are all welcome here and you will all love these cookies!
ingredients for these banana cream pie cookies
- brown sugar
- box of instant vanilla pudding
- baking soda
- vanilla wafers
- white chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
tips and tricks
These cookies have real banana in them, which is what makes these so good. But, its helpful to use ripe bananas! They bring a natural sweetness that works perfectly in these cookies. So find your ripest, most spotted banana. If you don’t have a super ripe banana, don’t worry — just use the ripest banana you have and it will work fine.
Each time I tested this recipe I used a box of instant vanilla pudding. I never tried non-instant pudding. I don’t see why these wouldn’t work with non-instant pudding, as we are just using the pudding mix to help soften the cookie, but I never tested it! So if you want the true and tried way, stick with instant pudding.
other copycat recipes
- copycat crumbl raspberry cheesecake cookies
- copycat mcdonald’s mcgriddle
- copycat chipotle sofritas
- sweetgreen chicken pesto parm bowl
banana cream pie cookies
- 1 cup butter cold
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar dark or light
- 3.4 oz box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla wafers crushed into pieces
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350. In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine butter and brown sugar. Mix for 2 minutes until the butter and brown sugar is completely combined.
- Add vanilla instant pudding mix, mashed banana, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Add vanilla wafer pieces, white chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop the dough out and transfer to a lightly greased or lined cookie sheet. For large, Last Crumb style cookies, use 1/2 cup of dough per cookie. For smaller cookies, use 1/4 cup of dough per cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are barely starting to brown. Let the cookies cool and enjoy!
- Store any extra cookies in a sealable container for 3-4 days. The cookies will get even softer each day.