I am becoming brownie obsessed and these bananas foster skillet brownies are only adding to my obsession! They can be cooked entirely on the grill which makes these brownies ideal for summer. They are an indulgent treat that any guest will love.
This recipe is part of my series, “Turning Desserts into Brownies”, and this is part 3! For part 1 I did German chocolate cake, and part two was banana pudding. And now we have bananas foster! These brownies are baked with caramel syrup then topped with caramelized, grilled bananas.
As I mentioned above, this entire recipe can be made on the grill! There are directions below for how to cook these in the oven if that is preferred, but the grill is so fun and summery.
I got all the ingredients for this dessert at Sprouts
! They have basically everything I need for summer grilling. And that includes summer dessert grilling, which is just as important!
I want these brownies to be amazing for you, so here are some tips:
- Use a 9 inch skillet. This is the ideal size for this recipe!
- Since it is made in the skillet, the best way to eat it is straight from the skillet — grab a bunch of spoons and dig directly in! If not, you can scoop it out onto plates, it just will be a little messy.
- Be sure to let the pan cool off for a few minutes after melting the butter, chocolate, sugar and before adding the eggs. If the mixture is too warm, it will scramble the eggs! We don’t want that!
- Let the bananas cook on each side until they char / begin to caramelize.
Okay that is it! I cannot wait for you to try these. If you make them, please share a picture and tag me @thepalatablelife!
bananas foster skillet brownie
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3-4 bananas
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Heat your grill to 350-400.* place a 9” skillet on the grill. Add butter and let it melt. Add chocolate chips, sugar, and brown sugar, and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Take the skillet off the grill and let it cool for a couple minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring quickly and throughly between each. Add vanilla and stir again.
- Sift the previously combined dry ingredients into the skillet. Stir until just combined. drizzle the caramel sauce onto the top of the batter.
- Place the skillet back onto the grill. Close the lid and let it cook for 25-35 minutes, until the top is beginning to set.
- When the brownies are finished, take the skillet off of the grill. Cut the bananas in half, lengthwise, and brush them with melted butter. Transfer them to the hot grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until each side starts to char and caramelize. Transfer grilled bananas to the brownie and serve warm. Enjoy!!
- *If using an oven, preheat oven to 350. Cook time will be the same. Cook bananas in frying pan over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.