brown butter miso chocolate chunk cookies
- 1 cup butter i use salted
- 1 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour 325 grams
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks, i like dark or semi-sweet chips are fine too
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add the butter to a pan over medium heat. Stir the butter as it melts. After a few minutes the butter will start to bubble, then will foam up. Once the foam subsides, you'll be left with brown, nutty smelling butter! It should take about 7-10 minutes. Pour into a glass container and transfer to the freezer for 10 minutes to cool down.
- Add the chilled butter, brown sugar, sugar to a bowl. Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to mix for 4-5 minutes, until fluffier and lighter in color.
- Add miso paste, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- If you're using chocolate bars, cut them into small pieces, like shavings. Add the chocolate to the dough and mix until just combined.
- Use a large (about 1/4 cup) cookie scoop to scoop out the dough. Add up to 6 dough balls to a lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-11 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Top with flaky salt and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Keep any leftover cookies in an air tight container.