This chicken peach summer skillet is so fresh and comes together so quickly. This elevates any meal and will be your new summer favorite! This recipe is a continuation of my series “dinner for two.”
I love peaches. I have been eating them every day for the last few weeks and will continue to until they are out of season! I have been loving them in a parfait with coconut yogurt and granola, but will take any chance I can to eat them for dinner too!
how do i make this chicken peach summer skillet?
This summer skillet is fresh and packed with flavors. We begin by dipping our chicken breast in egg and then flour. This gives the chicken a perfect crust. Also, if the chicken breasts are extra large, I suggest cutting them in half, lengthwise, so they will cook faster! We then add the chicken to a cast iron skillet with melted butter. Let the chicken cook on both sides then remove it from the pan.
Now we add olive oil to the pan, along with shallot and red onion. Cook this down then deglaze the pan with chicken broth. Add the chicken back to the pan, move some of the cooked red onion to the top of the chicken, then top with our fresh peach slices. Add some parmesan, then we’ll transfer the dish to the oven. Let it cook for 10 minutes for the chicken to finish cooking, as well as the peaches to cook a bit. Take it out of the oven and top with parmesan and fresh basil. That’s it! Serve it with rice or quinoa while it’s warm.
If you love this chicken peach summer skillet, or want to see other recipes from my series “dinner for two,” check these out!
chicken peach summer skillet
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tbsp shallot chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400. Crack the egg into a medium sized bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add flour to another bowl. Dip chicken in the egg, then in the flour.
- Add butter to a cast iron skillet (or oven safe pan) over medium heat. Once butter melts, add chicken to the skillet and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove the chicken onto a plate.
- Chop red onion into slices and finely chop the shallot. Add olive oil to the skillet (same skillet as before) over medium heat. Add red onion and shallot and cook down for 3-4 minutes. While the onion and shallot cook, slice the peaches into slices, removing the pit.
- When the onion and shallot are finished cooking, add in the chicken broth. Let it cook for one minute then add the chicken back to the pan. Transfer some of the onions on top of the chicken. Add the peach slices onto the top of the skillet. Top with parmesan then carefully transfer to the oven. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and top with fresh basil, salt, and pepper. Serve with quinoa or rice and enjoy warm!