I’m back with another Crumbl copycat with these copycat Crumbl snickerdoodle cupcake cookies! These cookies are soft, cinnamon and sugar cookies topped with a smooth cream cheese frosting, dusted with cinnamon and sugar!
Crumbl started in my home state of Utah. I remember when there were only two locations and now there are hundreds of locations across the country! It is crazy how much they have grown, but they have accumulated quite the dedicated following. But, Crumbl rotates through many flavors, so if you are craving a certain flavor, it is unlikely you’ll be able to get it on demand, unless it is one of their flavors of the week! So, I am recreating their flavors so you can make them anytime, for much cheaper, at home!
This snickerdoodle cupcake flavor was the most requested flavor on my TikTok. And if you didn’t see my first recreate, I made Crumbl’s cornbread cookies! You can always request your favorite flavor on my TikTok, Instagram, or in the comments of this post!
The base of this cookie is a cinnamon and sugar cookie. It is a simple, thick dough rolled in cinnamon and sugar before baking. The cookie does not have cream of tartar in it. I don’t think Crumbl’s version of this cookie has cream of tartar, so I didn’t include it in mine. The frosting is a standard cream cheese frosting made with butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Then of course, we top everything off with a dusting of cinnamon and sugar!
If you try these cookies, I would love to see it! If you share a picture on Instagram, please tag me @thepalatablelife so I can see!
copycat crumbl snickerdoodle cupcake cookies
cinnamon sugar cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350. Add butter, brown sugar, and white sugar to a stand mixer. Mix for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix again.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. For Crumbl sized cookies, scoop 1/2 cup of dough and roll into a ball. Drop the dough into the bowl with cinnamon and sugar and roll to coat the entire ball.
- Add up to 6 cookies on a normal sized cookie sheet. Flatten the dough balls slightly. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cookies should look just set, possibly still slightly doughy. This is perfect. Let the cookies cool completely.
- While the cookies cool, make the frosting. Combine butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix another two minutes.
- Pipe frosting onto each cookie and dust with extra cinnamon sugar. Enjoy!