Just call me Ronald because this copycat McDonald’s McGriddle SMACKS. These are easy to make and taste just as good as McDonald’s!
McGriddles are the best thing at McDonald’s (who is with me??) so I had to recreate them! Connor and I were obsessed with how they turned out and I think you will be too. If you want the perfect circular shape of these pancakes, I suggest cooking them in a mason jar lid! Spray the lid with cooking spray, then place it on the hot pan and pour the pancake batter in. Then you’ll have perfect pancakes! Also, if you want to go the extra mile, drop a few drops of maple syrup onto the pancake while it is cooking to get the maple syrup taste.
For the meat on these McGriddles, you can use bacon or sausage. I used Trader Joe’s breakfast sausage because it is a little sweeter and works perfectly on this McGriddle.
I really can’t wait for you to try this copycat McDonald’s McGriddle! As always, if you try and share, please tag me @thepalatablelife so I can see your creation!
copycat mcdonald’s mcgriddle
- 1 cup prepared pancake mix (the mix to water ratio will depend on the brand you are using)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lb sausage or bacon
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Spray a mason jar lid with cooking oil and place it on the pan. Pour pancake mix into the lid until it fills the lid. If using maple syrup, drop a few drops onto the pancake batter. After a couple minutes, flip the lid over and let it cook on the other side. Gently take the lid off and you'll be left with a perfectly circular pancake. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- If sausage doesn't come in patties, shape sausage into small patties, about the size of the pancakes. Cook in the pan over medium heat on both sides for 2-3 minutes. When the meat is cooked through, transfer the sausage to a plate.
- The pan should have left over oil from the sausage, but if there isn't enough, add more. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and then pour into the pan. It should spread out and be a thin layer. After a couple minutes, flip and let cook on the other side. Fold the egg in thirds, then cut into four pieces.
- To assemble the McGriddles, place a slice of cheese on a pancake, then top with a sausage and egg. Top with another pancake and enjoy!