Welcome to my new series for the summer, Dinner for 2, and to start we are making creamy tuscan salmon!
Now that Connor and I are not living near our families, I have to adjust back to making small dinners! I feel like most recipes out there are not geared toward just serving two people, so here we are!
To start this series we are making one of my favorite easy dinners, creamy tuscan salmon! There are a lot of recipes for tuscan salmon out there, but this is how I make it and it obviously serves two people!
A few notes about this series:
- If you need to feed more than two people, you can double or triple any of these recipes!
- If you live on your own, you can half the recipe, or make the full thing and you’ll have lunch prepped for the next day! Win win!
- I can’t wait for you to enjoy these recipes with your boo thang, or your friend, or your wanna be boo than, or whoever!
If you don’t like salmon, you can uses chicken instead, but I really suggest salmon if you can! It pairs perfectly with this sauce.
This dish comes together in 20 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight meal. I love to serve it over roasted potatoes or brown rice, with a salad! I can’t wait for you to try it. If you enjoy this dish, please leave a review below or share on social media and tag me @ thepalatablelife!
creamy tuscan salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Season both fillets with salt and pepper. Add salmon to the pan, skin side up. Sear for 2 minutes, then flip both fillets. Let cook another 2-3 minutes until salmon is just undercooked. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, add butter, garlic, and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until onions are cooked through. Add tomatoes and cook until they are beginning to blister, about 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until it starts to wilt.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan and stir. Create two indents in the mixture and transfer the salmon back to the pan, skin side down. Let cook 2-3 minutes until salmon is done.
- Remove from heat and enjoy! I like to serve this over roasted potatoes, or brown rice!
Delicious and easy dinner! I served it with roasted garlic potatoes and steamed green beans — totally yummy! My husband literally licked his plate. My only moment of confusion was regarding the chicken broth. The recipe doesn’t say when to add it, but I chucked it in with the cream and everything seemed to turn out well. Will definitely make again!
hi!! so glad you loved this recipe! and so happy that your husband was licking the plate! thank you for pointing out the chicken broth confusion. that is a typo and i’ll fix that now. but you were correct to add it with the cream!
Jordan Jacobucci says
Made this recipe for my boyfriend and I last night and it was SO GOOD. I served it with rice pilaf and I will most definitely be making again.
YAYYY i’m so glad! ohh and the rice pilaf with it sounds amazing. so glad you enjoyed!
Really looking forward to making this! Would it be okay to replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth?
yes that is totally fine! vegetable broth will work great!