If you’ve ever had the Erewhon coconut cloud smoothie and wanted to make it at home, it is your lucky day! I have the best copycat recipe that tastes just like the original, and is much cheaper.
Erewhon is a high-end grocery store in LA that has become very popular. They also sell ready to eat food as well as a variety of drinks, including smoothies! A few months ago their coconut cloud smoothie went viral for it’s incredible look and taste! But, it is a whopping SEVENTEEN DOLLARS. I went to Erewhon for the first time a couple weeks ago and forgot was $17 and was shook when I had to pay. But it was worth it so I could recreate it for all of you! And for a LOT cheaper than $17.
You can see the list of ingredients that go into the Erewhon smoothie from the nutrition information on their website, so let me tell you where my recipe differs from theirs. The only changes I made were ones that I think make it easier and more accessible for you! The Erewhon smoothie uses vanilla collagen powder and stevia. These are both not very common ingredients so instead I use vanilla extract and frozen banana. The vanilla extract gives us the vanilla flavor, and the frozen banana gives us the sweetness that the stevia would! And I honestly think mine tastes just like theirs!
ingredients needed for this coconut cloud smoothie
- frozen pineapple
- frozen banana
- avocado (fresh or frozen)
- almond butter
- coconut cream
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- blue spirulina
how to make the erewhon coconut cloud smoothie
The most iconic part of the smoothie is the color and presentation. The secret to the color is blue spirulina! It is a natural powder that has the most incredible, bright blue color. We add it to the smoothie, then we also add it to the cup before we pour the smoothie in to give the amazing blue streaks. If you’re wondering where to get it, I ordered it here (and don’t worry about buying a small amount, a little goes a long way!) or you could find it in various grocery stores.
To make this smoothie, add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. To put the smoothie together, drop some extra coconut cream in the bottom of the cup. Then add the blue spirulina powder by sprinkling around the edges of the cup. Pour the smoothie in, then finish it off with a bit more coconut cream!
other recipes you’ll love
- the best fluffy hotcake
- carrot cake loaf with brown butter cream cheese frosting
- mango passionfruit boba smoothie
erewhon coconut cloud smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 avocado fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp coconut cream, divided
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk)
- splash of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp blue spirulina, divided
- Add the frozen pineapple, frozen banana, avocado, almond butter, 1 1/2 tbsp coconut cream, almond milk, vanilla extract, and 1 tsp blue spirulina to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut cream to the bottom of your cup. Gently sprinkle remaining 1 tsp of blue spirulina around the edges of the cup, just above the coconut cream.
- Pour the smoothie in the prepared cup. Top with remaining coconut cream and enjoy!
Leave a Reply