Continuing my series “cookies inspired by tv shows and movies,” today we are making Fantastic Mr. Fox blueberry lemon cookies! They are fresh and summery, and are made with brown butter.
I am obsessed with Wes Anderson movies and Fantastic Mr. Fox is one of my favorites! Blueberries are an essential component of Mr. Fox’s brilliant plan, so they are an essential component of these cookies!
Also, brown butter makes everything better and pairs so well with the blueberry and lemon! And, you can use fresh blueberries, or dried blueberries in these cookies. Both work great. Fresh blueberries obviously have more liquid than dried, but they bake well and taste delicious.
If you like these Fantastic Mr. Fox blueberry lemon cookies, check out these other cookies from this series!
- Vampire Diaries pancake cookies
- WandaVision red velvet cookies
- Riverdale chilled milkshake cookies
- Friends Nestle Tollhouse Nutella cookie stack
fantastic mr. fox blueberry lemon cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or dried blueberries
- Add butter to a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. The butter will start to bubble, then foam, then subside. When the bubbles subside, the butter should look brown. Pour it into a bowl and let cool completely in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350. When the butter is chilled, add it to the bowl of a stand mixer with brown sugar and white sugar. Mix for 2 minutes until combined and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Add lemon zest and juice, and blueberries. Gently mix until blueberries are evenly mixed in the dough.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes, until cookies are just set. Let them cool to set up and enjoy!