For the next cookie in my series “cookies inspired by tv shows and movies,” we are making Ginny and Georgia chilled peach pie cookies! I am obsessed with these cookies. They might be my favorite of this whole series! And that is saying something because I am terrible at choosing favorites. But I think theses are IT.et’s talk details about this cookie.
let’s talk details about these cookies
- The base of this cookie is an oatmeal cookie base, so it is thick and chewy, in the best of ways.
- The frosting is a buttercream frosting infused with peach juice. It spreads on smoothly and tastes creamy.
- Of course we top everything off with a few slices of peach and a dash of cinnamon! If it is peach season, obviously use fresh peaches! But if it is not, canned peaches work great as well.
If you are wondering why these cookies are chilled, I promise they are 10x better cold. They set up so well in the fridge and you bite into a cold, fresh, oatmeal + peach flavored bite. AH. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! I really hope you make them.
If you loved these Ginny and Georgia chilled peach pie cookies, check out these other cookies in this series!
- Hannah Montana cheese jerky cookies
- Gossip Girl lace cookies
- WandaVision red velvet cookies
- Parks and Rec waffle cookies
ginny and georgia chilled peach pie cookie
oatmeal cookie base
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
peach frosting & topping
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp peach juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 fresh peaches or 1 can of peaches thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 325. Add butter, shortening, and both sugars to a bowl. Mix for 2-3 minutes. Add greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, rolled oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Mix until dough is just combined. Using a large (1/4 cup) cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 10-13 minutes. The cookies will still look a little doughy when you take them out of the oven — this is perfect. After the cookies cool for 5 minutes, transfer them to the fridge to finish cooling.
- While the cookies cool, make the frosting. Add the butter to a bowl and mix for 3-4 minutes. Add powdered sugar, greek yogurt, vanilla, peach juice, and salt, and mix an additional 3-4 minutes. The frosting should be smooth and easy to spread.
- Frost each cookie and top with a few slices of peach. Dust the cookies with cinnamon and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes. Keep in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them. These cookies are best cold! Enjoy!