Next up in my series “cookies inspired by tv shows and movies,” we have Legally Blonde strawberry chocolate cookies! These cookies are soft, and have the perfect balance of strawberry and chocolate.
Legally blonde holds a special place in my heart because my husband Connor is Elle Woods in the flesh! Okay not really, but he does go to Harvard Law School! And for this cookie, I developed it and then shared the recipe on a Zoom bake lesson with several of his Harvard Law classmates. So this cookie has been approved by the real deals, haha!
Now, why strawberry chocolate flavor for Legally Blonde? Well, Elle Woods is obsessed with pink, so strawberries felt like a must. Then, in an early scene, Elle is depressed in bed snacking on a box of chocolates, hence the chocolate!
These cookies are soft and perfect with fresh strawberries! If you don’t have fresh strawberries, you can use freeze dried strawberries as well. Or, if you don’t like strawberries, you can leave them out and you’ve got yourself a perfect chocolate chip cookie! But I highly recommend adding the strawberries.
I can’t wait for you to make these at your next Legally Blonde movie night, or next time you need to channel your inner Elle Woods — “what, like it’s hard?”
If you like these Legally Blonde strawberry chocolate cookies, try out these other cookies from this series!
- Parks and Rec waffle cookies
- Once Upon a Time apple crisp cookies
- Ginny and Georgia chilled peach pie cookies
- Planet Earth, Earth Day cookies
legally blonde strawberry chocolate cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour (+2 tbsp, if needed)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup strawberries chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Add butter, brown sugar, and white sugar to a bowl. Mix for a couple minutes. Add egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, and mix. If the dough is sticky, add 2 tbsp more of flour.
- Add chocolate chips and strawberries and gently mix in. Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough using your hands or a cookie scoop. Place up to 12 dough balls on a normal sized baking sheet that is lined. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Enjoy!