These Lion King dirt cup cookies are part of my series, Desserts Inspired by Disney Movies! I absolutely loved dirt cups when I was little so I had to turn them into a cookie for The Lion King because Timon and Pumbaa are icons and deserve this cookie!
Let’s talk details about this cookie. The base of this cookie is a dense, chocolate cookie that is soft and flavorful. And this frosting? THIS FROSTING. It is a chocolate pudding frosting and it MAKES this cookie. It tastes like pudding so it is light and fluffy and really brings it all together! And then of course, a gummy worm on top!
People of all ages will love this Lion King dirt cup cookie. Kids will love it for obvious reasons, and everyone else will love it for nostalgic reasons!
Check out the other desserts in my Desserts Inspired by Disney Movies series:
lion king dirt cup cookies
dirt cup cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 10 Oreos
chocolate pudding frosting
- 1 3.4 oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- gummy worms
- Preheat oven to 350. Add the butter, oil, and brown sugar in a bowl and mix until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Separate the Oreos from the cream and put them in a bag. Smash the Oreo cookies until they are a powder-like consistency. Add all the dry ingredients, including the smashed Oreos, to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Scoop large balls of dough onto a cookie sheet and slightly flatten them with your hand or the bottom of a cup. Bake for 8-9 minutes, until cookies are just starting to set. Let the cookies cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, combine the instant pudding mix, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the pudding mixture into the heavy cream and mix until smooth. Add the frosting to a pipping bag and pipe onto each cookie!
- Top each cookie with crumbled Oreos and a gummy worm. Enjoy!