For day 11 of my “12 Days of Christmas Recipes” we are making peppermint oreo truffles! These truffles look and taste very fancy, but they’re incredibly easy to make. They’re perfect for a last minute Christmas dessert!
I don’t know about you, but when I hear “truffles” I assume the recipe is going to be long and complicated. If you are in the same boat, buckle up because this recipe is literally the opposite. It is only 3 ingredients and can be made so quickly. But people will assume you slaved over these because they look incredible and taste so good! It’s a win, win.
what ingredients do i need for these truffles?
- cream cheese
- white chocolate chips
- vegetable oil
That’s really it.
how to make these truffles:
To make these, add oreos to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Then add cream cheese and pulse until the cream cheese is well distributed. Using a cookie scoop, or your hands, scoop out the mixture onto a plate or pan. Roll each into a smooth ball then transfer them to the freezer to set up slightly. After they’ve set up, heat white chocolate chips with vegetable oil in the microwave until it’s smooth and melted. Dip each oreo ball into the white chocolate until it’s fully coated. Transfer them to parchment paper to let them set up. Keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve, and they’re good to go!
mixing up the flavor:
When I am making these near Christmas time, I love to use peppermint Oreos (or peppermint Joe-Joe’s) because it gives them such a nice peppermint flavor. But, if you can’t find peppermint Oreos or don’t like peppermint flavor, you can literally use any kind of Oreo you want! The mint Oreos would be incredible, or even just plain Oreos! Do whatever sounds best to you.
You can also mix up the type of chocolate you dip the truffles in. I love using white chocolate because I think it balances out the milk chocolate flavor from the Oreos. But, if you want double chocolate, you could dip the truffles in milk or dark chocolate! Both would be delicious.
how to store leftover truffles:
Since these truffles have cream cheese in them, they need to be kept in the fridge. Keep any leftover truffles in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
peppermint oreo truffles
- 1/2 package peppermint oreos (about 18 oreos) or any type of oreos
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Add the oreos to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs remain. Add cream cheese and pulse until it's fully combined with the oreos.
- Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop or your hands, scoop out 1 tbsp of the mixture. Roll the ball in your palms until you have a smooth ball. Transfer to a plate and transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add white chocolate chips and vegetable oil to a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds then stir. Then microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Drop each truffle into the chocolate, one at a time. Use a fork to lift the truffle out of the chocolate and transfer it to a piece of parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining truffles. To decorate the truffles, crush up an extra oreo and sprinkle it on top before the chocolate sets up. Let the chocolate set up then transfer the truffles to the fridge!
- Take the truffles out of the fridge just before serving. Keep any leftover truffles in a sealable container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Enjoy!