Continuing my series “cookies inspired by tv shows and movies,” I present the Planet Earth, Earth Day cookies! I originally shared these cookies on my Instagram a few days before Earth Day and they are perfect for that wonderful day.
I am obsessed with this planet of ours, and the show Planet Earth is such an incredible way to see every corner of it! I feel like Planet Earth is the most calming, inspiring show around. I love putting it on the tv on peaceful Sunday afternoons and it fits the vibes perfectly. The only thing that makes that experience better is these cookies!
Just like the Earth, these cookies are not flat! They are little half domes! We are not flat Earthers over here so these cookies reflect that, haha. And let’s talk about their taste! These cookies are SOFT and taste like the sugar cookies you buy at the grocery store! You know the tubes of cookie dough you wanted to eat the whole thing of as a kid? These taste like those cookies! So nostalgic and so good.
Please never forget to appreciate and honor our beautiful earth! And if you love these Planet Earth, Earth Day cookies, check out these other cookies in this series:
- Hannah Montana cheese jerky cookies
- Ginny and Georgia chilled peach pie cookies
- Fantastic Mr. Fox blueberry lemon cookies
- Harry Potter Butterbeer sorting hat cookies
planet earth, earth day cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- green & blue food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375. Add the butter, vegetable oil, sugar, and powdered sugar to a bowl. Mix for a couple minutes. Add egg and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and mix until just combined. Divide the dough in half and add a couple drops of green food coloring to one half, and blue to the other. Mix until the color is evenly distributed.
- Using a small cookie scoop or your hands, grab about 1 tbsp of each color of dough. Smoosh the colors together and form into a ball. Roll the ball in your hands to get a smooth finish.
- Put up to 12 cookies on a baking sheet and bake at a 375 for 8 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely and enjoy!
Leave a Reply