salmon and seared snap pea salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 lb salmon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh snap peas
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to an oven safe pan. Add the salmon and top with an additional tbsp of oil. Top with salt and pepper and transfer to the oven to cook for 15-25 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon.
- While the salmon cooks, add about 1 tbsp of olive oil to a cast iron pan (if you don't have a cast iron, just use whatever pan you have) over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the snap peas and cook until seared on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the snap peas from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut the snap peas into bite sized pieces (about 1 inch). Transfer to a bowl.
- To the bowl add pistachios, feta cheese, fresh dill, lemon juice, and salt and pepper (to taste). Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and stir to combine.
- When the salmon is done, add all of the snap pea salad on top of the salmon and enjoy!
Leave a Reply