Summer is quickly coming to an end and we can’t let the summer produce just pass us by, so we are making this summer lemon ricotta dip! It is fresh and light, aka a summer dream.
If you have never tried whipped ricotta, you need to fix that right now. Whipped ricotta is made by adding ricotta to a food processor or blender then blending until it is smooth. Ricotta has a chunkier, thicker texture, but blending it makes it smooth and lighter. It is absolutely wonderful. To our whipped ricotta we are adding lemon juice. If you are eating the whipped ricotta plain (ie without the fresh summer produce and more like a dip with crackers), then I would also add salt and pepper to the whipped ricotta. Since we are adding so many toppings, including salt and pepper, we are just adding lemon juice!
As for the summer produce, we are topping our dip with tomatoes, avocados, and peaches! Tomatoes and avocados are forever in the fruit vs. vegetable debate, so naturally they pair well with ripe peaches. The acidity of tomatoes with the creaminess of avocados is a dreamy combination with fresh peaches. Speaking of fresh peaches, I have been eating them daily since they were mildly ripe. Now they are in full swing and I am obsessed. If you need other peach recipes, check these out:
what to serve with this summer whipped lemon ricotta dip?
This dip is so good you can eat it plain! But, here are a few other things I love to pair it with:
- toasted bread (multi-grain, pita, or sourdough work great)
- chips (I am obsessed with these chips)
If you make this dip after summer produce is no longer in season, not all hope is lost! There are so many other things you could top this dip with. Here are a few ideas:
- blistered tomatoes (grape tomatoes can usually be found all year round, and cooking them down will make them sweeter and perfect for this dip)
- caramelized onions and walnuts
- honey and fresh sage
All of these combinations are making me drool, and you honestly couldn’t go wrong with any of them.
If you try this dish, leave a review below and let me know what you think, or share a picture on social media! Be sure to tag me so I can see (@thepalatablelife).
summer whipped lemon ricotta dip
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 2 peaches
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add ricotta and lemon juice to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. This should only take a minute or so.
- Transfer the ricotta onto a plate and spread it out evenly.
- Cut the tomatoes, avocado, and peaches into slices. Top the ricotta with all the produce.
- Add fresh dill, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Eat with bread, chips, or whatever you want. Enjoy!