I am a breakfast stan, and this sweet potato and kale breakfast only increases my obsession! It is so easy to make and only has 7 ingredients! It is perfect when you need to throw together a quick, but nicer breakfast, or when you are having breakfast for dinner!
One trick for this dish: The kale is roasted before it is added in, so the kale has a bit of crunch to it that is preserved because of the roasting!
what are the 7 ingredients?
- olive oil
- sweet potato
- salt & pepper
I guess salt and pepper should count as separate ingredients, but either way this hash has very simple ingredients but tastes incredible.
sweet potato and kale breakfast hash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 cups kale
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese cheddar or parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425. Cut the sweet potato into small chunks. Toss with olive oil and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- While the sweet potato starts to cook, wash the kale and toss it with olive oil. When the sweet potato has 10 minutes of cook time left, add the kale to the baking sheet and let them finish cooking together.
- While they finish cooking, add olive oil to a pan. Cut the onion into small pieces and add to the pan. Cook until they are translucent. When the onions are finished cooking, add the cooked sweet potatoes and kale.
- Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl and pour over the vegetables in the pan. Stir while the egg starts to cook. Just before the eggs are finished, add the cheese and mix in. If you want, add some extra cheese on top!
- That’s it! I like to top mine with arugula and fresh cut tomatoes!