Say goodbye to the days of dry peanut butter cookies because today I am sharing the best peanut butter cookies ever! They are thick, dense, and packed with peanut butter m&m’s, so they really are the best.
I don’t know about you, but I feel like whenever I try a peanut butter cookie, it is usually dry! I am a big fan of peanut butter, so I want to like peanut butter cookies whenever I try them, but I can’t stand a dry cookie. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and make a peanut butter cookie that is far from dry. These cookies are baked at a high temperature which makes them cook quickly on the outside, leaving the middle nice and soft. My mom has tried most of my cookies and said that these are her favorite, so if that doesn’t convince you to try these I don’t know what will!
ingredients needed for the best peanut butter cookies
- brown sugar
- creamy peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- peanut butter m&m’s
tips for making the best peanut butter cookies
These cookies are large, ok? They are a whopping 6oz large! The large size is what helps them to be so ooey-gooey on the inside. The best way to measure out the dough is to use a kitchen scale! If you don’t have one, I highly recommend getting one. This is the one I use and it works great!
Once you’ve weighed out your cookies, the next step is to shape them. I like to shape these cookies into a rough ball / cylinder. I say cylinder because I like to shape them so they are rounded around the edges and rough on top, in a cylinder shape.
With these cookies, you’ll want to let them cool completely. Since these cookies are so large, they need time for the inside to fully set up! If you simply can’t wait, dive into one to hold you over while the rest of them set up.
My last tip is about the type of peanut butter to use — it is best to use your classic creamy peanut butter! We’re talking Jif or Skippy!
other recipes you’ll love
the best peanut butter cookies
- 1 cup butter cold
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar dark or light is fine
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (390 grams)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter m&ms
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Add the butter and brown sugar to a bowl or stand mixer. Mix for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and creamy. Add peanut butter and mix another minute. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Add peanut butter m&ms and mix until they're just distributed through the dough.
- Using a kitchen scale, scoop out 6 ounce of dough and form into a rough ball. Place up to 6 dough balls on a lined or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until cookies are just starting to brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Keep any extra cookies in a sealable container. Enjoy!!