Continuing my series “cookies inspired by tv shows and movies,” I present The Good Place frozen yogurt cookies! AKA frozen yogurt AND jumbo shrimp cookies.
If you are wondering how jumbo shrimp is involved with these cookies, let’s first remind ourselves why it is important in the show — Eleanor LOVES jumbo shrimp! At one point she eats it dipped in a white chocolate sauce (which explains the white chocolate chips in these cookies). Ok now for how they are connected to this cookie. If you missed it, back in March a man found two shrimp tails in his Cinnamon Toast Crunch! Yuck! Here is a full article on it if you need more details on “shrimpgate”. So, for these cookies, we are adding cinnamon toast crunch on top!
We can’t forget the frozen yogurt! When the squad gets to the Good Place, there are frozen yogurt shops on every corner. They eat it over and over. So, we are adding a soft, white cream cheese frosting on top of these cookies that looks just like frozen yogurt!
If you love The Good Place frozen yogurt cookies, check out these other cookies from this series!
- Parks & Rec waffle cookies
- Harry Potter Butterbeer sorting hat cookies
- Gilmore Girls coffee cake cookies
- Once Upon a Time apple crisp cookies
the good place frozen yogurt cookies
cinnamon white chocolate cookies
- 1 cup butter slightly softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch crushed
frozen yogurt frosting
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Add the butter and brown sugar to a large bowl or stand mixer. Mix for 1-2 minutes, until the sugar and butter is totally incorporated and fluffier. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until all dry ingredients are combined. Add white chocolate chips and mix them in.
- Using a large (1/4 cup) cookie scoop, scoop out dough balls onto a lined baking sheet. Flatten them slightly with your hand. Bake at 400 for 9-11 minutes, until they are barely set and the bottoms are golden brown (the cookies may still look a little doughy, but they will set up!).
- While the cookies cool, make the frosting. Add the butter to a bowl and whip for 1 minute. Add the cream cheese and whip an additional 2 minutes. Add vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar. Mix for 3 minutes until the frosting is light and fluffy. If you want a thicker frosting, add more powdered sugar (i added 4 cups).
- When the cookies are cooled, pipe frosting on top of each cookie then sprinkle on crumbled Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Enjoy!