For day 5 of my “12 Days of Christmas Recipes” we are making vegan cranberry brown sugar cookies! These cookies are soft and chewy and use simple ingredients! They’re spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, and topped with an orange glaze, making them the perfect Christmas cookies.
These dreamy cookies are part of a partnership with Florida Crystals®! I have worked with Florida Crystals® before and absolutely love all their products. We are using their Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar in these cookies and it’s a perfect match. Their brown sugar has a subtle caramel taste and doesn’t harden up like lots of other brown sugars. We are also using their Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar for the orange glaze! It mixes up beautifully and pairs perfectly with the orange juice.
what ingredients do i need for these cookies?
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- almond butter
- unsweetened apple sauce
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- dried cranberries
- Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- orange juice
where do i buy Florida Crystals® sugar?
Florida Crystals® sugar can be purchased online as well as in many grocery stores! If you want to order it online, you can use Florida Crystals® new online ordering process to find the nearest place to you to buy Florida Crystals® sugar as well as get all the ingredients for these cookies added to your shopping list!
Let’s talk about a few more reasons why I love Florida Crystals®. They grow the only organic raw cane sugar in the US and use sustainable family farms. And all their sugar is minimally processed, unrefined, and vegan friendly! Like I mentioned before, I’ve worked with Florida Crystals® before and love everything about this company. Their sugars are top notch and we want only the best for our cookies!
The full recipe for these cookies is below, but you can also grab it on Florida Crystal’s® website!
how to store these cookies?
If you can’t eat all these cookies at once, lucky for you they stay good for a few days! Keep any leftover cookies in a sealed container and they will keep well for 3-4 days.
other recipes in my 12 days of christmas recipes
vegan cranberry brown sugar cookies
- 2 2/1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 3-4 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugar, almond butter, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla until well combined, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture and mix at low speed until just combined. Add cranberries and mix at low speed until just combined.
- Using a 2-ounce ice cream scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and allow resting for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling rack.
- While the cookies cool, make the orange glaze. Combine powdered sugar and orange juice and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the completely cooled cookies. Enjoy!