This vegan Magnolia Bakery banana pudding is everything! I have long been obsessed with Magnolia Bakery’s banana pudding, but i’ve been wanting to make a vegan version! And let me tell you — this is one of those “I can’t believe it’s vegan” moments. Honestly. The first time i made this vegan version, i tasted it, and promptly shared it with my husband and then my whole family because i was shocked by how good it was!
I’ve made a normal version of the Magnolia Bakery banana pudding, but honestly this vegan version is just as good! To make this vegan I used sweetened condensed coconut milk (which tastes amazing and doesn’t have a strong coconut taste), dairy free heavy whipping cream, and Lorna Doone’s! And Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding is accidentally vegan so that is what I use!
This recipe is crazy easy. Mix together the vanilla pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed coconut milk, and let it chill for at least 4 hours. Then, whip the dairy-free heavy whipping cream and fold everything together. Then all that is left is the fun part — trifling everything together! Layer pudding, Lorna Doone cookies, and sliced bananas until you’ve used all the pudding. Let it set up for another hour or so and you are set!
vegan magnolia bakery banana pudding
- 1 3.4oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 3 cups dairy free whipping cream
- 1 box Lorna Doone shortbread cookies
- 3-4 bananas sliced
- Mix together the pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed coconut milk until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight until it sets up.
- When the mixture is chilled, pour the dairy free heavy cream into a large bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. Add half of the whipped cream into the pudding mixture and mix until incorporated. Add the other half and mix again.
- In a large bowl, add a layer of pudding, then Lorna Doones, then pudding, then bananas. Repeat until all the pudding mixture is used. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!!
Leave a Reply