This 30 minute baked gnocchi has 6 ingredients and is the perfect weeknight meal. It is saucy and cheesy with pillowy soft gnocchi! Basically the ideal meal, especially when you’re in a hurry!
Sometimes people claim that recipes only take 30 minutes, but then they actually take 45+. That’s the worst. But don’t fear because this is actually a 30 minute meal! It can even take closer to 20 minutes depending on how speedy you are. One reason this recipe is so quick is because it only uses 6 ingredients! Another reason is because we are using pre-made marinara sauce. There is a time and place for making homemade marinara sauce, and this is not that time. This is a quick, weeknight meal so pre-made it is! And there’s nothing wrong with that! You can still be a great cook and use pre-made elements! With that said, if you want to make a homemade marinara to use for this recipe, go right ahead.
ingredients for 30 minute baked gnocchi
- jar of marinara sauce
- fresh basil
what marinara sauce to use?
Use your favorite marinara sauce! All the flavor in this dish is coming from the marinara sauce, so use one that is flavorful and has a taste you love. When I make this dish I love to use Rao’s marinara sauce! I feel like everyone is obsessed with Rao’s right now, and for good reason. It is really flavorful, but also tastes really fresh! But like I said, use your fav or what you already have on hand.
tips and substitutions
Since there aren’t very many ingredients in this dish, there isn’t a lot to substitute. But, always feel free to make it your own! If you don’t like spinach, don’t add spinach (although its a great way to sneak greens into this meal). If you want to add onions, add onions. Add whatever you want!
There isn’t really a substitute for the ricotta cheese. The ricotta really finishes this dish well and tastes incredible. If you don’t like ricotta, I guess you can leave it off, it will just break my heart a little.
other recipes you will love
- butternut squash, kale, and farro salad
- sweetgreen chicken pesto parm bowl
- zupas ultimate grilled cheese
- creamy tuscan gnocchi
30 minute baked gnocchi
- 1 jar marinara sauce 24-28oz
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 16 oz packaged gnocchi
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat an oven safe pan on the stove over medium heat. Add the jar of marinara sauce and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add gnocchi and stir. Dollop the ricotta over the top of everything. The easiest way to do this is to use two spoons, scooping 1-2 tbsp of ricotta onto one spoon, then using the other spoon to scrape it off. Sprinkle the parmesan on top and turn off the stove.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. The ricotta should be starting to melt and brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Keep any leftovers in a sealable container in the fridge. Leftovers will last in the fridge for 3-4 days.