I love the pesto egg trend as much as the next gal, but these baked pesto eggs are even better! Lots of pesto, feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and roasted red peppers.
This dish is so easy to whip up, making this the perfect brunch dish! All we do is oil up a couple ramekins, dump everything in them, bake, and that’s it! I top mine with arugula and serve with fresh bread.
Okay let’s talk about the ideal brunch. The ideal brunch obviously has good company, and it also has a good balance of savory and sweet. These baked pesto eggs are the perfect savory option! They are easy to share and are a crowd pleaser. If you need ideas for the sweet dishes, here are a few of my favorites!
These baked pesto eggs would be amazing with any of these dishes. AH. Brunch is my favorite and just thinking about these is making me happy and hungry.
baked pesto eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- arugula optional
- Preheat oven to 400. Divide the olive oil between two ramekins. Rub the olive oil throughout the ramekin. Add 1 tbsp of pesto into the base of each ramekin.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and feta cheese. Divide the mixture between the two ramekins.
- Crack two eggs into each ramekin. Top with remaining pesto and a little extra feta cheese. Add salt and pepper, but be careful with the salt, depending on how salty your pesto is!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the eggs are as cooked as you liked! Let cool for a few minutes, top with arugula, and dive in!