If you are a lover of New York cheesecake or of Crumbl cookies this one is for you. I am stoked to share these copycat Crumbl New York cheesecake cookies with you! We start with a soft graham cracker cookie, topped with vanilla cream cheese frosting, then finished with a graham cracker streusel. If that description doesn’t convince you to make these cookies, I don’t know what will!
I get several requests to make copycat Crumbl flavors, but this flavor is very frequently requested, and I understand why! The flavors in this cookie are amazing and work so well together. The graham cracker streusel that goes on top is simple to make but really sets these cookies apart! It’s overall just a great cookie.
ingredients needed for these copycat crumbl new york cheesecake cookies
(measurements are in the recipe card below)
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- graham crackers
- baking soda
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
graham cracker streusel:
- graham crackers
how to make these cookies
These cookies are quite straight forward to make! We start by making the dough which comes together quickly. We want these cookies to have the nice texture on the outside, so we roll each one in crushed graham crackers. Once the cookies are baked and cooling, make the frosting and streusel. The frosting is as easy as combining the butter and cream cheese, then adding the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. The streusel is made by combining crushed graham crackers with butter, then baking it until it’s nice and golden brown!
To assemble the cookies, pipe cream cheese frosting onto the cookies (once they have cooled completely). Top with a handful of streusel and you are good to go!
how to store these cookies
The frosting for these cookies has cream cheese in it, so keep all extra cookies in the fridge! Put them in a sealable container, and they’ll stay good in the fridge for 3-4 days (if they can even last that long!!).
other recipes you’ll love
- copycat Crumbl cornbread cookies
- copycat Crumbl snickerdoodle cupcake cookies
- copycat Crumbl biscoff cookies
- copycat Crumbl raspberry cheesecake cookies
copycat Crumbl New York cheesecake cookies
graham cracker cookies
- 1 cup butter cold
- 1 cup brown sugar dark or light is fine
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour 390 grams
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup graham crackers crushed
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
vanilla cream cheese frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese frosting at room temp
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
graham cracker streusel topping
- 1 cup graham crackers crushed
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Add flour, 1 cup of crushed graham crackers, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of crushed graham crackers to a bowl. Using a large (1/4 cup) cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and roll it into a ball. Drop the dough ball into the crushed graham crackers and roll it around until it is lightly coated all over.
- Transfer the dough balls to a baking sheet, adding up to 6 on a standard baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until just starting to brown. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies cool, make the frosting and streusel. For the frosting, combine the butter and cream cheese. Mix for 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix again. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag with a round tip.
- To make the streusel, combine the crushed graham crackers and butter. Spread the mixture out on a baking sheet and bake (still at 350) for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and let the streusel cool completely.
- To assemble the cookies, pipe the frosting onto each cookie in a spiral. Add a handful of streusel. Enjoy!!
- Keep any extra cookies in a sealable container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
I have made the banana blondie and now I am inspired to make the cheesecake crumble. These receipts are so different and delicious. I am in love with them!
yay i’m so glad you loved the banana blondie. can’t wait for you to try other recipes!
I just made them and they are sooo good! Thanks for the recpie!!
YAY i’m so glad!!
These are INSANE. Had to give some away to family and friends or else I would eat them all in a day, they’re just that good. I even got an unprompted comment about how the similarity to crumbl is uncanny! Great recipe.
YAY this makes me so happy!! and haha yes i know the feeling of having to give a few cookies away! so glad you enjoyed these 🙂
Normally when I make cookies they always get messed up somehow but these turned out amazing! The graham cracker cookie base is delicious and the icing on top truly transformed it to a cheesecake cookie!
yay i’m so glad you enjoyed these! the graham crackers in the base is my favorite part 🙂