Making Cookies Inspired by TV Shows, Part 13: Gossip Girl Lace Cookies! These cookies are just perfect for this show.
Everything Blair and Serena eat on Gossip Girl is so fancy and they just live extravagant lives. So, i wanted to make a fancy, delicate, extravagant cookie! Enter this lace cookie with a chocolate orange drizzle.
To be honest, the best part is these look fancy but they are actually very easy to make! And while you eat them you’ll feel like you’re in the upper east side!
gossip girl lace cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp flour gf flour works fine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melting chocolate
- orange extract optional
- Preheat the oven to 375. Begin by browning your butter. to do this, add the butter to a saucepan or pot over medium heat. Let the butter melt. While stirring, the butter will begin to bubble. Let it continue to bubble until the bubbles get smaller, the butter looks slightly brown in color, and smells nutty.
- Take the butter off the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes. In a bowl, add the brown sugar, oats, vanilla, and egg. Mix until well combined. Slowly add the brown butter, stirring while you add. Add the flour and salt and mix until combined. The dough will be quite runny.
- Scoop tablespoon sized dough balls onto a lined baking sheet, adding up to 6 balls on a normal sized baking sheet because these cookies spread a lot!
- Bake at 375 for 6-7 minutes. The cookies should be flat, and slightly brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30 min to an hour.
- Once the cookies have cooled, melt the melting chocolate in a small bowl. Add a couple drops of orange extract to the chocolate and stir to combine. Drizzle chocolate over each lace cookie. If desired, sprinkle some flaky salt on each one. enjoy! xoxo, gossip girl