Remember those microwave pizza rolls? I used to be obsessed with them when I was a kid! Well, I’ve recreated them so you can make homemade pizza rolls that are honestly even better than the microwave ones!
When I was in elementary school, I was sick one day and stayed home from school. My mom fed me pizza rolls for lunch (so I apparently wasn’t that sick, haha) and for some reason they HIT DIFFERENT that day and were SO GOOD. That is the only time in my life that I’ve eaten something while sick and liked it more! And I think these homemade ones are even better than the microwave ones so you can only imagine how much I like these!
Ok here is a video of how to make these with Connor doing the voiceover!
Homemade Pizza Rolls
- 5 sheets egg roll wrappers about 6"x6"
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup pepperoni chopped
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit. Cut each egg roll wrappers into 4 pieces.
- In a bowl combine the mozzarella, pepperoni, and pizza sauce. Brush one piece of egg roll wrapper with water. Put 1 tbsp of the pepperoni mixture onto the brushed egg roll wrapper. fold both sides in, then fold the top and bottom in. It should look like a small envelope. Repeat with the remaining egg roll wrappers.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl. Brush the outside of each pizza roll with water then put it into the breadcrumbs. Flip it over so each side gets covered.
- Once dipped in breadcrumbs, put all the pizza rolls on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with marinara sauce or whatever dipping sauce you like best!