lemon dijon egg tartine
- 2 slices sourdough bread any bread will work!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayo (i use kewpie)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Spread butter on both sides of each slice of bread. Add to a pan over medium heat and cook on each side until golden brown.
- De-shell hard boiled eggs and slice each one into 8 slices.
- In a bowl add mayo, dijon mustard, honey, and lemon juice to a bowl. Whisk until combined. Add capers, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Add sliced eggs and gently stir to coat all the eggs in the sauce.
- Top each slice of toasted bread with 1/2 of the egg mixture. Top with dill, chives, and basil. Enjoy!