For day 7 of my “12 Days of Thanksgiving Recipes” we are making maple dijon roasted carrots! These carrots are coated in a creamy maple dijon sauce then roasted to perfection, all topped with pomegranate, pine nuts, and rosemary.
Every Thanksgiving meal needs a few vegetables on the table. If you need a salad recipe, I highly recommend my butternut squash, kale, and farro salad or my pear, apple, and celery salad! Along with a salad, you’ll definitely need these at your table as well. They are tangy, flavorful, and beautiful.
ingredients needed for these maple dijon roasted carrots
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- pine nuts
washing vs. peeling carrots
The carrots can either be washed or peeled (or both, haha) before adding the sauce. Peeling is a quick and easy way to make sure the carrots are cleaned and ready to go. However, if you want the carrots to have a more rustic look (like mine do in these pictures), don’t peel them! Just really thoroughly wash them, making sure all the dirt is off. Then, when they roast they’ll still have that rustic look from the not being peeled!
how long to roast carrots
The time it will take for these carrots to roast is fully dependent on the size of your carrots. If your carrots are about an inch wide (at the top) they will take about 30-40 minutes to roast. If they are smaller, check them after 20 minutes, and then every 5 minutes until they’re fully roasted.
If you want these carrots to cook even quicker, chop them before you roast them! After the carrots are washed or peeled, cut them into 1-2 inch long pieces, then proceed with the recipe. This will cut down the cook time and may be easier to serve to a large crowd.
other recipes from my 12 days of thanksgiving recipes
- turkey cranberry sliders
- butternut squash, kale, and farro salad
- apple cider donuts
- apple, cheese, and hot honey pull apart bread
- pear, apple, and celery salad
- pumpkin stuffed french toast
maple dijon roasted carrots
- 1 lb carrots
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary optional
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup pomegranate
- 2 tbsp pinenuts
- Preheat the oven to 425. Wash and/or peel carrots.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, garlic, and fresh rosemary. Whisk until well combined. Pour the marinade over the carrots and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes (depending on the size of your carrots — if they are very small or you cut them in pieces, start checking them at 20 minutes) until the carrots are fully roasted and fork easily.
- Transfer to a plate and top with pomegranate and pine nuts. Enjoy while warm!
Sarah Pendley says
I made these for a Thanksgiving dinner and everyone loved them! Thanks for the excellent recipe!!
AMAZING! so glad you loved them!!
Best side dish! It’s super easy to make the sauce ahead of time and just pop the carrots in the oven 20 min before dinner. I was worried about them being too sweet so I just did 1 tbsp of maple syrup and it was perfect. Also the pomegranate on top is a great touch!
yay! so glad you enjoyed and thank you for leaving a rate + review!!