Next up in my series “cookies inspired by TV shows and movies,” I present Parks and Rec waffle cookies! Leslie is obsessed with waffles so she would LOVE these cookies! If you are a Parks and Rec fan or a waffles fan, or both, you NEED these cookies.
This cookie is soft and dense, and is perfect with the scoop of “butter”cream frosting on top. And i’m not joking when i say you have to drizzle on maple syrup before you eat it! It is a must.
I am so excited for you all to try this cookie. It is for sure in my top 5 ever!
If you love these Parks and Rec waffle cookies, check out some other cookies in this series!
- Harry Potter butterbeer sorting hat cookies
- Gilmore Girls coffee cake cookies
- Stranger Things Eggo waffle cookies
- Vampire Diaries pancake cookies
parks and rec waffle cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter cold and cut into cubes
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350. Combine the shortening, butter, and brown sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer. Mix for 3 minutes until combined and fluffier.
- Add eggs and maple syrup and mix until combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Your dough should be soft, but not sticky. If it is sticky, add 1 tbsp at a time until it is no longer sticky.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and roll it in your hands. Smash the dough slightly into a cylinder shape. Using a skewer or something similar, make 4 lines on each dough ball for the waffle look.
- Bake the cookies at 350 for 9-10 minutes. Let them cool completely while you make the frosting.
- For the frosting add the butter to a bowl and whip with a stand or hand mixer for 3 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and whip another 3 minutes. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the about 1 tbsp of frosting onto each cookie.
- When serving, drizzle with maple syrup! Enjoy!