If you are a peanut butter lover you are in the right place. This peanut butter popcorn is peanut buttery, crunchy, and sweet. It only takes 5 ingredients and will be your new favorite easy dessert!
All growing up, this peanut butter popcorn was a constant in our house. It is fun to make with kids and so easy for everyone to dig in to the big bowl of popcorn so we made it all the time! It definitely has a special spot in my heart because of this, but I think you will love it too. Unless you are allergic to peanut butter, then you might not love it hahah.
5 ingredients needed for peanut butter popcorn
- peanut butter
- karo syrup
That’s it! So easy. Other than the karo syrup, you likely already have all these ingredients on hand! And if you don’t have karo syrup, it is really easy to find at any grocery store.
how to make peanut butter popcorn
The process of making this popcorn is just about as easy as the ingredient list! Start by popping the popcorn. Add the sugar and karo syrup to a pan over medium heat. Stir continuously while the sugar melts. Once the sugar has totally melted and the mixture starts to bubble up, turn off the heat. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and stir until the peanut butter has melted. Pour the hot mixture over the popped popcorn and stir until it is evenly coated. Enjoy while its hot or once it cools down! When we would make this growing up, we would take all the extra (we would usually make a triple batch) and form it into popcorn balls that we would take to school! I never felt cooler than when I had a peanut butter popcorn ball in the lunchroom. That was my peak.
other recipes you will love
- carrot cake loaf with brown butter cream cheese frosting
- magnolia bakery banana pudding
- chilled peach pie cookies
- black sesame mochi donuts
peanut butter popcorn
- 1 3oz bag microwave popcorn
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup karo syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth works best)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Start by popping the popcorn and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and karo syrup to a pan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar melts and the mixture begins to boil.
- Once it boils, take it off the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until peanut butter has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- While the mixture is still hot, pour it over the popcorn and stir until evenly distributed. Enjoy while it is warm or when it has cooled down!
Leave a Reply