This Ratatouille apple rose tart is part of my series, Desserts Inspired by Disney Movies! And obviously, this is one is for Ratatouille.
Ratatouille is one of my fav Pixar movies and has recently gotten a lot of love via the Ratatouille musical (did anyone see the musical?? it was amaze, lol). So, this dessert is based off Ratatouille! This apple tart looks like ratatouille and tastes so delicious. Plus it is surprisingly easy to make! And the cinnamon roll crust makes it extra fancy. It is made by taking a pre-made pie crust, brushing it with butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar, then rolling it into a log. Cut the log into mini cinnamon rolls and press them into a pie tin! It is really simple, but looks incredible!
Then for the apple filling, thinly slice an apple, then microwave it for a bit so it is more flexible. Wrap the apples in the tin, until they are wrapped in a tight spiral. Brush with brown sugar and butter and that’s it!
Check out my other desserts in this series:
ratatouille apple rose tart
- 1 pie crust homemade or store bought
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 apples
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Roll out the pie crust and brush on melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and roll it tightly up.
- Cut the dough into 1/4” mini cinnamon rolls. Press cinnamon rolls into a pie dish. I used 3 mini pie tins, but a normal sized pie dish works as well.
- Thinly slice the apples. Microwave them in a bowl for 30 seconds and let them cool. This will make them more flexible. Starting on the outside, layer the apple slices in a circular pattern. Continue until you reach the center.
- Melt the 1 tbsp butter and add 1 tsp of brown sugar. Brush on top of the tart and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!