These are truly the best chicken thighs and I stand by that statement. The skin gets perfectly crispy, the spices are flavorful, and the chicken is juicy as can be. These will be on repeat for you, mark my words.
I feel like the general population has been sleeping on chicken thighs and I am not okay with it. They need to be on everyone’s radar for two reasons: 1. They are juicyyy. They are juicy and tender and hard to mess up! 2. They are CHEAP. You can buy chicken thighs (skin-on) for around $1.50/lb, which means you can get 6 thighs for about $4! And in this economy, you can’t pass that up.
ingredients needed for the best chicken thighs
- olive oil
- chicken thighs
- garlic powder
- brown sugar
what to pair these thighs with
the best chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs skin on, bone-in
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Add the olive oil to a cast iron skillet over high heat. Use a paper towel to pat the chicken thighs dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken thighs, skin-side down. Cook until the chicken skin is golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Flip all the thighs over (so they are skin-side up). Add garlic powder, paprika, and brown sugar on top of each thigh.
- Transfer the thighs to the oven and let them finish cooking for 7-15 minutes (depending on the size of the thighs), until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove from the oven and let the thighs rest for 5 minutes. Dive in and enjoy!