I am not joking when I say this is the best edible cookie dough! Plus it is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and packed with protein!
I cannot tell you how obsessed I am with this recipe. The week following when I first developed this recipe, I made it 4 times that week, haha. Connor and I have been eating it every night!
It feels a little unbelievable that this cookie dough can be so good and be gluten free, vegan, and packed with protein! But it is not too good to be true. It is real! It is the best edible cookie dough on the market, and it is healthier than the average cookie dough.
what kind of protein powder should i use?
You can use any kind of protein powder that you want. I love using Four Sigmatic’s plant based vanilla protein powder! It has such a great vanilla flavor and it works perfectly with this dough. You can use other kinds, but not all protein powders are made the same, so if you want this dough to be guaranteed to be delicious, I would go with Four Sigmatic’s! Also, even though this dough has protein powder, it doesn’t have a protein / grainy taste. It’s amaze.
One last note about this recipe: The flour we use is oat flour. You can buy oat flour, or you can make it yourself! Just blend up oats and you’ve got yourself some oat flour! Also, if you are gluten free, make sure you use gluten free rolled oats!
can i bake this dough?
This recipe is designed for this to be edible cookie dough. I would not recommend baking it. It is made to be eaten raw! If you are wanting baked cookies, try one of these recipes:
- brown butter raspberry white chocolate cookies
- pumpkin snickerdoodles
- stuffed carrot cake cookies
- vegan pumpkin snickerdoodles
If you can’t eat all the cookie dough fresh, scoop it into dough balls and put them into a sealable container! They will last in the fridge for up to a week.
the best edible cookie dough
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup plant based butter
- splash of vanilla
- splash of almond milk
- 1/2 cup oats blended
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Warm the butter in the microwave for 15 seconds. Add brown sugar and stir until combined. Add vanilla and milk.
- Add blended oats, protein powder, and salt. Stir until combined. Add chocolate chips and stir. If the dough is a little dry, add another splash of milk!
- The dough will be a little sticky. Cover and transfer to the fridge for 10 minutes, then scoop into small balls. Eat immediately or store in a sealable container in the fridge!