My pumpkin snickerdoodles are a hit, so I had to create gluten free, vegan pumpkin snickerdoodles as well! And they are good. They aren’t just “good for being gluten free” or “good for being vegan” — they are straight up good! Like my original pumpkin snickerdoodles, you can stuff these with some chocolate, but they are yummy either way.
Also, my original pumpkin snickerdoodles that this recipe was modified from, was featured in Buzz Feed! How fun!
If you are celiac, or vegan, or know someone that is either of these, you must try these cookies! Also, if you are celiac but not vegan, then instead of coconut oil and dairy free yogurt, use butter and greek yogurt! Or if you are vegan but not celiac, feel free to use all-purpose flour instead of gluten free flour.
what you need for these vegan pumpkin snickerdoodles
- coconut oil
- dark brown sugar (light brown sugar works, too)
- pumpkin puree
- dairy free yogurt
- gluten free flour (I like this kind)
- pumpkin pie spice
- cream of tartar
- baking soda
vegan pumpkin snickerdoodles
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp dairy free yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350. In a stand mixer or large bowl, combine the coconut oil and dark brown sugar. Mix for 2 minutes until it is lighter and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree, dairy free yogurt, and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add the gluten free flour, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until everything comes together.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Using a 2-inch cookie scoop, scoop up the dough and roll it into a ball in your hands. Roll the ball in the cinnamon and sugar until it is all coated.
- Put up to 12 cookies on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Slightly push the cookies down so they are more flat. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges of the cookie have set. Enjoy!