Spring is officially here which means it is TIME for all the spring foods. First up for me is this zucchini corn chowder. When I tell you I am obsessed…. Like any good chowder this soup is extra creamy, but is also so fresh tasting thanks to the zucchini and corn!
I wasn’t kidding when I said I am obsessed with this soup. I had to make it two times back to back to do a final recipe test then to film it, so we had two massive containers of it in our fridge. Connor and I ate that soup every day for lunch until it was gone, and I was sad when we ran out. It’s that good. Plus that proves that this soup makes excellent leftovers!
ingredients for zucchini corn chowder
- olive oil
- yellow onion
- dried parsley
- Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- chicken broth
how to thicken zucchini corn chowder
An essential aspect of any good corn chowder is that it is CREAMY. Creaminess is a must. There are a lot of ways to make a soup creamy, but the method we are using for this soup is one of the easiest there is. We are using Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup! If you’ve never used condensed soup, it is a thick, concentrated mixture that has to be reconstituted. The Cream of Chicken Soup has so much flavor and easily makes this soup so creamy. We are also adding a little milk at the end to make this extra creamy (although this step is optional)!
Let’s say you want to make corn chowder, not zucchini corn chowder. If you’re wondering if you can do that with this recipe, you certainly can! Just leave the zucchini out, and you’ve got yourself a great corn chowder. I definitely prefer the zucchini, it adds a level of freshness and flavor that is amazing, but if you are set on corn chowder then go for it!
One of the best parts of soup is the toppings! Toppings make soup gorgeous and tie everything together. My favorite toppings for this soup are the following:
- milk (drizzled on for a beautiful look)
- fresh chives (adds a fresh oniony/garlicy taste)
- fresh basil (adds a bright, fresh taste)
- bacon (what isn’t improved with a little bacon?)
Feel free to add whatever toppings you’d like, but these are my favs!
other recipes you’ll love
zucchini corn chowder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 4-5 ears yellow corn or about 3 cups of frozen corn
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 10.5oz cans Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 potato i like yukon gold
- 1/2 cup milk
- optional toppings: fresh basil, fresh chives, bacon, extra milk
- Begin by prepping the vegetable: Chop onion into small pieces. slice zucchini into 1/4ths, then into small slices. Cut corn off ears. Peel potato and chop into small chunks.
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and zucchini. Cook for 3-4 minutes until onion is translucent. Add corn, garlic, paprika, and dried parsley. Stir and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup and chicken broth. Stir and bring to a boil. Add potato, turn heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- optional: To make the soup even creamier, once the potato is soft, pour half of the soup into a blender, blend until smooth, then pour it back into the pot.
- Add milk, stir, and turn off heat. enjoy while warm and top with your favorite toppings. I love topping with bacon, milk, chives, and fresh basil!
- Store any extra soup in a sealable container in the fridge.