Next up in my series “turning desserts into brownies” is these cookie dough brownies! The brownies are fudgy and the cookie dough is perfectly safe to eat!
Before I started this series I took a poll on my Instagram asking if all of you prefer cakey brownies or fudgy brownies. Fudgy won by a landslide, so here we are with the perfect fudgy brownies! The key to fudgy brownies are the eggs. The eggs give these brownies a rich, thick consistency, making these your new favorite brownies.
Let’s talk about this cookie dough: this cookie dough is so easy to make, and is perfect anytime you need an edible cookie dough! To make this safe to eat, you must heat treat the flour. To do this, add the flour to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the flour for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Then your flour will be safe to eat!
If you like these cookie dough brownies, check out my other brownies / bars from this series!
cookie dough brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
edible cookie dough
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp milk any kind will work
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350. To make the brownies, start by browning your butter — add the butter to a pot or large pan over medium heat. Let the butter melt and begin to bubble. After a couple minutes, it will foam up a lot, then the foaming will subside, and you’ll be left with brown, nutty smelling butter!
- Take off the heat and add chocolate chips, sugar, and brown sugar. stir until the chocolate is melted. Let the mixture cool for several minutes, then add the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time, stirring quickly after adding each one.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Pour the brownie batter into a greased or lined 8×8 inch pan. Cook at 350 for 32-35 minutes.
- While the brownies are cooling, make the cookie dough. Combine butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Stir until well combined. Add milk and vanilla and stir again.
- Before adding the flour, it must be heat treated! Add the flour to a microwave safe bowl, then microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds.
- Add heat treated flour and salt to the mixture and stir. Add chocolate chips and stir again.
- Once brownies are completely cooled, cut into 9 brownies with a plastic knife. Add a large scoop of cookie dough to each brownie. If you want, drizzle with melted chocolate and enjoy!