Continuing my series “cookies inspired by tv shows and movies,” I present The Bachelor chocolate covered strawberry cookie! The bachelor is a wild ride every season, and you never quite know what you are going to get. But if you want to make sure there is one good thing at your Bachelor / Bachelorette viewing party, these cookies are the answer!
These cookies are fudgy, soft, and just give off romantic vibes. Plus if you want you can have your own rose ceremony with your friends and use these cookies instead of roses! People love cookies more than roses anyway, right?
The strawberry flavor in these cookies comes from the frosting! I love to use freeze dried strawberries, as they have a strong, natural strawberry flavor without adding too much liquid, but fresh strawberries work as well. You’ll just need much less if you use strawberry puree!
If you love the Bachelor chocolate covered strawberry cookies, check out some other cookies from this series!
- Harry Potter butterbeer sorting hat cookies
- Wandavision red velvet cookies
- Vampire Diaries pancake cookies
the bachelor chocolate covered strawberry cookie
- 1 cup butter cold
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries (or 3 tbsp fresh strawberries, blended)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Add butter, brown sugar, and white sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer (hand mixer works too). Beat for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and flatten each dough ball slightly. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the frosting. Add butter to a bowl and beat for 2 minutes, until butter is lighter in color. Add powdered sugar and mix an additional 2 minutes.
- Crush freeze dried strawberries into a fine powder and add to the bowl (if you are using strawberry puree, add that here instead). Beat for another minute.
- When cookies are completely cooled, pipe on frosting with an open star tip to look like a rose. Enjoy!