Continuing my series “cookies inspired by tv shows and movies,” next up is To All the Boys strawberry shortcake cookies!
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is a classic trilogy on Netflix. It was first a book series which were made into movies. The star, Lara Jean, is a classy gal that falls in love with Peter Kravinsky. The movies are all about their love story.
These strawberry shortcake cookies are literally perfect for summer and scream Lara Jean, don’t you think? We’ve got a soft sugar cookie, topped with smooth whipped cream frosting and fresh strawberries! So dainty, classy, and cute!
Summer is the perfect time to make these cookies. Strawberries are in season and are so perfect right now! These cookies topped with fresh strawberries are the best summer combo.
This sugar cookie recipe came from my grandma! She used to make it all the time, growing up. She would put a different frosting than this recipe, but she used to always keep them in the freezer. I used to loveee these cookies, straight from the freezer. They just hit different when they are cold. This version of the sugar cookies aren’t ideal in the freezer, as the frosting probably wouldn’t freeze well, but they are very good straight from the fridge!
If you love these To All the Boys strawberry shortcake cookies, check out these other cookies from this series!
- Ginny and Georgia chilled peach pie cookies
- Hannah Montana cheese jerky cookies
- Parks and Rec waffle cookies
- Backyardigans “into the thick of it” cookies
to all the boys strawberry shortcake cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- splash of vanilla
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese cold
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- splash of vanilla
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 325. Add the shortening and sugar to a bowl and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix again. Add flour, soda, and salt. Start with 2 1/2 cups of flour. If your dough is really sticky, add 1 tbsp additions until it is no longer sticky. The dough will be very soft and barely not stick to your fingers.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out round cookies. I use a mason jar lid. Transfer the cookies to a lined baking sheet and bake for 8-11 minutes, until the cookies spring back.
- While the cookies cool, make the frosting. Combine the cold cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix for 2 minutes until smooth. Add heavy cream and mix until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Pipe the chilled frosting onto the cookies and top with fresh sliced strawberries. Enjoy!