Summer is in full swing which means it is perfect time for these cheesy corn fritters! They are cheesy, herby, and so flavorful these will seriously be your new favorite. They are perfect for breakfast or for dinner paired with salmon or chicken. Honestly you can eat them with pretty much anything and you’ll be satisfied.
Can I be honest with you? Recently I have been OBSESSED with raw corn. Fresh, raw corn. It is so good! The crunch that you get from raw corn is unmatched and the flavors are so strong. You have that obsession to thank for these fritters because I have been using corn in everything. These fritters might be my favorite, though, which is why I am sharing them with you!
ingredients needed for these cheesy corn fritters
- parmesan cheese
- green onions
- lime juice
- garlic salt
- olive oil
- creme fraiche
how to make these cheesy corn fritters
These fritters couldn’t be easier to make! Cut the corn off the cob, then throw it into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients (except the olive oil and creme fraiche). Once it is all mixed together, scoop out about 1/3 cup of batter and carefully drop it onto an oiled hot pan. Let them cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they’re golden brown! Transfer to a plate and top with creme fraiche and extra herbs. That’s it!
These fritters come together in 15 minutes so they are perfect for a quick breakfast or dinner side. Multiple times I have opened my fridge right before cooking dinner, seen that I have fresh corn, and whip these up to go with our dinner! It is unfair how delicious these are for how easy they are to make.
can i used canned corn?
- Yes! I highly recommend using fresh corn, especially while it is in season! It is so fresh tasting and adds a great crunch to the fritters. But, if it isn’t corn season or you don’t have access to fresh corn, you can definitely used canned. Before adding the canned corn, rinse it off and dry it as thoroughly as you can. We don’t want the extra liquid so get it dry!
can i use a different kind of cheese?
- If you don’t have parmesan or don’t like it, you can definitely use a different type of cheese! If you use a sharp cheddar, these fritters will have a better cheese pull and a stronger cheese flavor. But feel free to use whatever shredded cheese you want!
how do i reheat leftover fritters?
- There are two types of leftovers we could be dealing with. If you have leftover batter and you don’t want to cook it all, put the remaining batter in a sealed container in the fridge and it will last for 1-2 days. When you want to cook the rest of the batter, just cook it how we normally do!
- The other type is to have cooked fritters leftover. If you have extra fritters, keep them in a sealed container in the fridge. They will keep for 2-3 days. When you are ready to eat them again, add a bit of olive oil to a pan and cook them on both sides until warm. This not only reheats the fritters, but brings back that beautiful golden brown finish!
what should i serve these with?
- the options are endless! I think these fritters would be a great breakfast option. Serve them with some eggs and bacon or even with a fruit bowl on the side. These also work great for dinner — they are the perfect side dish! I’ve served them with salmon and grilled chicken and it was excellent both times. They just taste like summer so serve them with your favorite summer foods! Serve them at a summer bbq — they will be the favorite side dish no doubt.
other recipes you will love
cheesy corn fritters
- 2 cups fresh corn cut off the cob
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives (optional) finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche (optional) (or sub sour cream)
- In a medium sized bowl combine all the ingredients except the olive oil and creme fraiche (combine the corn, flour, eggs, parmesan cheese, green onions, fresh chives, cilantro, lime juice, paprika, and garlic salt). Stir until combined. The mixture should be very thick.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, use a 1/3 cup measure to scoop out the batter. Cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with a dollop of creme fraiche. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply