I cannot get over this Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding. I had the OG for the first time about 5 years ago and since then, I’ve been obsessed!
In the fall 2020, Magnolia Bakery shared their exact recipe of how to make their pudding! It had been cycling on the internet for a while (as I have been making this recipe for years, now) but it is nice to have the confidence that the recipe is the same as the original!
Also, this pudding has no artificial banana flavoring which is a huge plus because fake banana is gross. The only banana is the fresh banana slices layered in!
If you do not live near a Magnolia Bakery, which most of us don’t, then this is your perfect solution. It will hit the spot, every time!
magnolia bakery banana pudding
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding mix I use Jello brand
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 box vanilla wafers I use Nilla wafers
- 4-5 bananas
- Mix together the water, pudding mix, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Make sure there are no lumps! Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight until it sets up.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Working in thirds, fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture until well combined.
- In a trifle bowl, layer the vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and pudding mixture. Continue until you use all the pudding mixture! Refrigerate for at least another 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!