This sandwich is called the ultimate blt because it is PACKED with the goods. It should really be called a bltaeams (bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, egg, arugula, maple syrup)! Maybe it is more like a breakfast blt? A super blt? Pick whatever name you like best! The flavors are much more important than the name.
Also if you are unsure about the maple syrup, YOU HAVE TO TRY IT. Please just try it. I promise it goes well with the egg, and the bacon — with all of it!
This sandwich is easy — fry an egg, cook a couple slices of bacon, toast your bread in a little butter on a pan. Then, layer it all together! Start with your bread, add avocado, tomato slices, bacon, egg, arugula, bread, then drizzle it with maple syrup!
- 4 slices bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add butter and once it melts add bread. Toast the bread on each side for about 2 minutes then remove.
- Add the bacon slices to the pan and cool until crispy, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the bacon and crack the eggs into the pan. Fry both eggs, making sure the yolks are still slightly runny.
- Slice the tomato and smash the avocado in a small bowl.
- To assemble, spread avocado onto the bread, then top with tomato slices, bacon, egg, arugula, and another slice of bread! Right before serving, drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!